- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Mild tremor shakes capital, country’s other parts
A mild earthquake jolted different parts of the country, including capital Dhaka, on Wednesday morning.
The tremor, measuring 4.7 magnitude on the Richter scale, was felt around 10:50 am, said Maminul Islam, a meteorologist at Dhaka Met Office.
Maminul said the epicenter of the 49-second earthquake was in Tripura, India, some 75 kilometers east off capital Dhaka.
However, no damage or casualty was reported by the tremor till filing of the report at 11:30 am.