- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Some 4.5 lakh Rohingyas biometrically registered
Some 450,000 (4.5 lakh) Rohingyas have so far been biometrically registered in 12 makeshift shelter camps in Ukhia and Teknaf upazilas of Cox’s Bazar.
A total of 449,821 Rohingyas have undergone biometric registration so far, with 10,615 registered on Wednesday, said a handout.
The biometric registration process started on September 11 following the recent influx of Myanmar nationals.
According to Rohingya Refugee Repatriation Commissioner's Cox's Bazar Office, some 6.25 lakh Myanmar nationals so far have entered Bangladesh, said the handout.
The number of forcibly displaced Myanmar citizens is on the rise as Rohingyas are still entering Bangladesh fleeing persecution in Rakhine state of Myanmar.