- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Some 4.5 lakh Rohingyas biometrically registered
Some 450,000 (4.5 lakh) Rohingyas have so far been biometrically registered in 12 makeshift shelter camps in Ukhia and Teknaf upazilas of Cox’s Bazar.
A total of 449,821 Rohingyas have undergone biometric registration so far, with 10,615 registered on Wednesday, said a handout.
The biometric registration process started on September 11 following the recent influx of Myanmar nationals.
According to Rohingya Refugee Repatriation Commissioner's Cox's Bazar Office, some 6.25 lakh Myanmar nationals so far have entered Bangladesh, said the handout.
The number of forcibly displaced Myanmar citizens is on the rise as Rohingyas are still entering Bangladesh fleeing persecution in Rakhine state of Myanmar.