- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Khulna-Kolkata passenger train to deepen Dhaka-Delhi ties: Mamata
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said the new passenger train link between Kolkata and Khulna will strengthen the ties between the two countries.
She expressed happiness over the introduction of the new train - Bandhan Express - between the two countries and recollected the traditional bonding with Bangladesh.
The Bandhan Express train is the second train after the introduction of ‘Maitree Express’ between Kolkata and Dhaka Cantonment stations in April, 2008.
It covers the distance between Kolkata and Khulna through Petrapole and Benapole route to cater to the demands of the people from both the countries to enhance the connectivity.
The Bandhan Express will be a weekly service on every Thursday, according to Press Information Bureau of India.
The Kolkata-Khulna Bandhan Express will depart from Kolkata at 07:10am (IST) and arrives at Khulna at 12:30pm (BST) on the return journey the Khulna-Kolkata Bandhan Express will depart from Khulna at 13:30pm (BST) and arrive at Kolkata at 18:10pm (IST) on the same day.