- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Khulna-Kolkata passenger train to deepen Dhaka-Delhi ties: Mamata
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said the new passenger train link between Kolkata and Khulna will strengthen the ties between the two countries.
She expressed happiness over the introduction of the new train - Bandhan Express - between the two countries and recollected the traditional bonding with Bangladesh.
The Bandhan Express train is the second train after the introduction of ‘Maitree Express’ between Kolkata and Dhaka Cantonment stations in April, 2008.
It covers the distance between Kolkata and Khulna through Petrapole and Benapole route to cater to the demands of the people from both the countries to enhance the connectivity.
The Bandhan Express will be a weekly service on every Thursday, according to Press Information Bureau of India.
The Kolkata-Khulna Bandhan Express will depart from Kolkata at 07:10am (IST) and arrives at Khulna at 12:30pm (BST) on the return journey the Khulna-Kolkata Bandhan Express will depart from Khulna at 13:30pm (BST) and arrive at Kolkata at 18:10pm (IST) on the same day.