- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
BNP likely to get permission for Suhrawardy rally: Quader
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Thursday said BNP is likely to get permission for holding its rally at Suhrawardy Udyan on Sunday (November 12).
He came up with the remarks while addressing a book distribution programme at the Teacher-Student Centre (TSC) of Dhaka University.
At the programme, Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, distributed two autobiographies of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman – ‘The Unfinished Memoirs’ and ‘Karagarer Rojnamcha’ (Diary of Jail) -- among the leaders of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL).
The ruling party leader alleged that they ran from door to door during the BNP tenure seeking permission for holding any programme. “But most of the time, we didn’t get it.”
BCL arranged the book distribution programme to celebrate the recognition of Bangabandhu's historic 7th March speech by Unesco as an important world documentary heritage.
BCL President Saifur Rahman Sohag presided over the programme conducted by its General Secretary SM Jakir Hossain.
DU BCL President Abid al Hasan and its General Secretary Motahar Hossain Prince also spoke on the occasion.