- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
BNP likely to get permission for Suhrawardy rally: Quader
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Thursday said BNP is likely to get permission for holding its rally at Suhrawardy Udyan on Sunday (November 12).
He came up with the remarks while addressing a book distribution programme at the Teacher-Student Centre (TSC) of Dhaka University.
At the programme, Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, distributed two autobiographies of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman – ‘The Unfinished Memoirs’ and ‘Karagarer Rojnamcha’ (Diary of Jail) -- among the leaders of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL).
The ruling party leader alleged that they ran from door to door during the BNP tenure seeking permission for holding any programme. “But most of the time, we didn’t get it.”
BCL arranged the book distribution programme to celebrate the recognition of Bangabandhu's historic 7th March speech by Unesco as an important world documentary heritage.
BCL President Saifur Rahman Sohag presided over the programme conducted by its General Secretary SM Jakir Hossain.
DU BCL President Abid al Hasan and its General Secretary Motahar Hossain Prince also spoke on the occasion.