- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Rohingya new arrivals now 613,000
The number of new arrivals from Myanmar's Rakhine State now stands at 613,000, the UN Migration Agency said on Thursday night.
The official situation report figures are tabulated using the IOM Needs and Population Monitoring Emergency Tracking.
This exercise takes place each day by estimating new arrivals at the point of transit in and around different settlements. The NPM reports come thrice a week to update the international community on the influx of the Myanmar nationals into Bangladesh.
The next report will be issued on November 12.