- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
FPCCI urge BD to ease visa process
Karachi, (Pakistan), BdChronicle:
The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) and Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) on Friday urged Bangladesh to ease the visa process for Pakistani businessmen.
The two business federations came up with the call during their separate meetings with the Bangladesh delegation attending the 10th Expo Pakistan.
FPCCIP President Irfan Ahmed Sarwar said some Pakistani businessmen could not attend the last year’s Dhaka International Trade Fair due visa-related complexities.
He said they have signed several deals with Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) and two other organisations to maintain good relationship and a delegation has been formed to visit Bangladesh.
Welcoming the delegates, Sarwar said the expo is a good opportunity for the countries, including Bangladesh, to explore the business potential for their products, especially textiles, food, fruits, vegetables, leather, pharmaceuticals, auto parts, engineering and so on.
In the other meeting, Abdul Basit, KCCI senior vice-president, claimed that the visa complexities for the Pakistani businessmen to enter Bangladesh saw a rise over the last one year.
There are many Pakistani businessmen, who want to build business relations with their Bangladesh counterparts, but they are not getting visas, he added.
Both the FPCCI and KCCI expressed that hope to further improve the trade ties between Bangladesh and Pakistan.