- JP to make history by forming govt again: Ershad
- University teacher, friend drown in Sangu River
- US-Bangla flight makes ‘emergency landing’ at Dhaka airport
- Dhaka seeks stronger UN role in resolving Rohingya crisis
- ‘Lal Jatra’ to be held at DU to recall black night of 1971
- 38 shops gutted in Ctg fire
- Indian court jails powerful politician for embezzling funds
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
Putin shake hands at summit in Vietnam
President Donald Trump and Russia's Vladimir Putin have shaken hands at a summit in Vietnam.
The two leaders were spotted on video greeting one another ahead of an Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit gala dinner in the coastal city of Danang.
Trump and Putin were expected to hold a formal meeting on the sidelines of the summit. But as Trump was about to land on Friday, the White House announced no meeting would take place.
Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders blamed scheduling conflicts.
But Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said earlier this week that the pair would not meet unless they had something substantive to discuss.