- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
University student drowns in Ctg
A student of Premier University drowned in a waterfall in Nayanduwaria area in Mirsharai upazila on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Shahadat Hossain Mamun, 21, a second semester student of the university and son of Motiar Rahman of Shorshadi village of Feni district.
Kamal Uddin, sub-inspector of Mirsahrai Police Station said Mamun drowned in Napitta Chhara, a mountain waterfall, in the area while swimming. He went there with six of his friends.
Iftekhar Alam, an officer of Agrabad fire service, said on information a diver team from the station rushed to the spot and recovered the body around 5:00 pm.