- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
JUST BCL leader expelled
A leader of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) of Jessore University of Science and Technology (JUST) unit has been expelled for violating party discipline.
The expelled leader is Eshad Hossain, organising secretary of Sheehed Moshiur Rahman hall unit of BCL and a masters student of Physical Education and Sports Science department.
A letter signed by BCL central President Saifur Rahman Sohag and General Secretary SM Jakir Hossain on Friday said the action was taken against Eashad for breaking party discipline.
Golam Rabbani, Additional Superintendent of Jessore district police said Eshad locked into an altercation with some teachers of the university on the campus while the first year admission test was being held on Friday morning.
Later police arrested him and recovered a pistol and four rounds of bullet from his possession.