- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
JUST BCL leader expelled
A leader of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) of Jessore University of Science and Technology (JUST) unit has been expelled for violating party discipline.
The expelled leader is Eshad Hossain, organising secretary of Sheehed Moshiur Rahman hall unit of BCL and a masters student of Physical Education and Sports Science department.
A letter signed by BCL central President Saifur Rahman Sohag and General Secretary SM Jakir Hossain on Friday said the action was taken against Eashad for breaking party discipline.
Golam Rabbani, Additional Superintendent of Jessore district police said Eshad locked into an altercation with some teachers of the university on the campus while the first year admission test was being held on Friday morning.
Later police arrested him and recovered a pistol and four rounds of bullet from his possession.