- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
BNP gets conditional permission to hold rally
Dhaka, Nov 11 (UNB) –
BNP on Saturday said it got conditional permission from the authorities concerned to hold its public rally at Suhrawardy Udyan here on Sunday.
Speaking at a press conference at the party’s Nayapaltan central office, party secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said they were allowed to stage the rally on 23 conditions.
On Friday last, BNP announced to hold the rally at the Suhrawardy Udyan on Wednesday marking what it said the civil-military ‘uprising on November 7, 1975’.
Later, the party deferred it to Sunday for various reasons.