- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
BNP gets conditional permission to hold rally
Dhaka, Nov 11 (UNB) –
BNP on Saturday said it got conditional permission from the authorities concerned to hold its public rally at Suhrawardy Udyan here on Sunday.
Speaking at a press conference at the party’s Nayapaltan central office, party secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said they were allowed to stage the rally on 23 conditions.
On Friday last, BNP announced to hold the rally at the Suhrawardy Udyan on Wednesday marking what it said the civil-military ‘uprising on November 7, 1975’.
Later, the party deferred it to Sunday for various reasons.