- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Bar council certificates only for meritorious law graduates: Minister
Law Minister Anisul Huq on Saturday said the Bar council certificates should be provided only on the basis of merit and quality of the fresh graduates for the greater benefit of the lawyers to maintain the quality and the dignity of the profession.
The Minister came up with the remark while giving away the Bar Council Certificate among the new lawyers at city’s Officers' Club while acting Chief Justice M Abdul Wahhab Miah attended the programme as the chief guest, said a PID handout.
He said the major aim of the present government is to strengthen the foundation of the democracy with the spirit of the Liberation War.
To fulfill the expectation and the constitutional rights of the people, the role of lawyers is immense, the Minister also said.
Attorney General Mahbubey Alam, among others, spoke on the occasion with Bangladesh Bar Council vice chairman Abdul Baset Majumder in the chair.