- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Schoolgirl commits suicide in Brahmanbaria
A schoolgirl committed suicide by drinking insecticide at Taragan village of Akhaura upazila early Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Tania Akter, 15, daughter of Jasim Uddin, a class eight student of Nasrin Nabi Girls’ High School and a resident of Taragan village of the municipality.
Huffing with her family, Tania killed herself early Saturday by drinking insecticide, said Mossarraf Hossain, officer-in-charge of Akhaura Police Station.
Later, family members took her to Brahmanbaria Sadar Hospital where she was referred to Dhaka Medical College Hospital but she died on her way to Dhaka.
Her body was sent to District Sadar Hospital for autopsy, the OC added.