- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Schoolgirl commits suicide in Brahmanbaria
A schoolgirl committed suicide by drinking insecticide at Taragan village of Akhaura upazila early Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Tania Akter, 15, daughter of Jasim Uddin, a class eight student of Nasrin Nabi Girls’ High School and a resident of Taragan village of the municipality.
Huffing with her family, Tania killed herself early Saturday by drinking insecticide, said Mossarraf Hossain, officer-in-charge of Akhaura Police Station.
Later, family members took her to Brahmanbaria Sadar Hospital where she was referred to Dhaka Medical College Hospital but she died on her way to Dhaka.
Her body was sent to District Sadar Hospital for autopsy, the OC added.