- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
7 directors of SIBL resign
Some seven directors of Social Islami Bank Limited (SIBL) have resigned.
According to sources in the bank, they tendered their resignations at the meeting of the board of directors of the bank on Monday.
The directors who resigned are Abdur Rahman, Abdul Mukit, AFM Asaduzzaman, Moinul Hasan, Yusuf Harun Bhuyian, Lili Amin, and Afia Begum.
Of them, first four are independent directors while the remaining three are shareholder directors. The same meeting of the board also appointed nine new directors of whom seven are independent and two shareholders.
The new phase of resignation by the directors came following the resignation of the bank chairman Major (retd) Rezaul Haque, executive committee chairman Anisul Haque and managing director Shahid Hossain on October 30 this year.