- JP to make history by forming govt again: Ershad
- University teacher, friend drown in Sangu River
- US-Bangla flight makes ‘emergency landing’ at Dhaka airport
- Dhaka seeks stronger UN role in resolving Rohingya crisis
- ‘Lal Jatra’ to be held at DU to recall black night of 1971
- 38 shops gutted in Ctg fire
- Indian court jails powerful politician for embezzling funds
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
Couple burnt in Manikganj gas cylinder blast
A couple was injured as a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house in Gangadhar Patti area of the district town on early Wednesday.
A gas cylinder at the kitchen of the house went off when Sabina Yesmin, wife of Hamidur Rahman, tried to ignite the gas burner and caught fire around 4.30 am, leaving the couple burnt severely.
The injured -- Sabina Yesmin with 70 percent burns and Hamidur with 40 percent burns -- were firstly taken to District Sadar Hospital and later shifted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital, said sadar hospital residential medical officer Lutfar Rahman.