- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Couple burnt in Manikganj gas cylinder blast
A couple was injured as a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house in Gangadhar Patti area of the district town on early Wednesday.
A gas cylinder at the kitchen of the house went off when Sabina Yesmin, wife of Hamidur Rahman, tried to ignite the gas burner and caught fire around 4.30 am, leaving the couple burnt severely.
The injured -- Sabina Yesmin with 70 percent burns and Hamidur with 40 percent burns -- were firstly taken to District Sadar Hospital and later shifted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital, said sadar hospital residential medical officer Lutfar Rahman.