- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Smart City Week to be observed on Nov 22-28
The Smart City Week 2017 will be observed in the country on November 22-28 next, aiming to promote people-centric smart cities for all.
UNDP Bangladesh, Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister's Office and urban sector stakeholders will jointly observe the week with a theme of 'Smart City Smart People'.
The week will be inaugurated through a three-day (Nov 22-24) ‘Smart City Innovation Hub’ at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Novo Theatre, said a UNDP media release on Tuesday.
Having focus on building people-centric cities by not only investing in technology and infrastructures but also in engaging smart people who care, respect and pay values to society, the Smart City Week will be part of ‘Smart City Campaign’.
Apart from the three-day ‘Smart City Innovation Hub’, a range of events like hackathon, discussion, photo exhibition, kite festival, citizen’s forum, ‘City Day’, children’s art competition will be held during the period.