- JP to make history by forming govt again: Ershad
- University teacher, friend drown in Sangu River
- US-Bangla flight makes ‘emergency landing’ at Dhaka airport
- Dhaka seeks stronger UN role in resolving Rohingya crisis
- ‘Lal Jatra’ to be held at DU to recall black night of 1971
- 38 shops gutted in Ctg fire
- Indian court jails powerful politician for embezzling funds
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
Smart City Week to be observed on Nov 22-28
The Smart City Week 2017 will be observed in the country on November 22-28 next, aiming to promote people-centric smart cities for all.
UNDP Bangladesh, Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister's Office and urban sector stakeholders will jointly observe the week with a theme of 'Smart City Smart People'.
The week will be inaugurated through a three-day (Nov 22-24) ‘Smart City Innovation Hub’ at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Novo Theatre, said a UNDP media release on Tuesday.
Having focus on building people-centric cities by not only investing in technology and infrastructures but also in engaging smart people who care, respect and pay values to society, the Smart City Week will be part of ‘Smart City Campaign’.
Apart from the three-day ‘Smart City Innovation Hub’, a range of events like hackathon, discussion, photo exhibition, kite festival, citizen’s forum, ‘City Day’, children’s art competition will be held during the period.