- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Smart City Week to be observed on Nov 22-28
The Smart City Week 2017 will be observed in the country on November 22-28 next, aiming to promote people-centric smart cities for all.
UNDP Bangladesh, Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister's Office and urban sector stakeholders will jointly observe the week with a theme of 'Smart City Smart People'.
The week will be inaugurated through a three-day (Nov 22-24) ‘Smart City Innovation Hub’ at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Novo Theatre, said a UNDP media release on Tuesday.
Having focus on building people-centric cities by not only investing in technology and infrastructures but also in engaging smart people who care, respect and pay values to society, the Smart City Week will be part of ‘Smart City Campaign’.
Apart from the three-day ‘Smart City Innovation Hub’, a range of events like hackathon, discussion, photo exhibition, kite festival, citizen’s forum, ‘City Day’, children’s art competition will be held during the period.