- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Road accidents take 4 lives in 2 districts
Four people, including two college students, were killed and 31 one others injured in two separate road accidents in Chittagong and Bagerhat districts on Tuesday.
In Chittagong, three 3rd year students of Quaish Burishchar Sheikh Mohammad City Corporation College received severe injuries after a speedy truck knocked down them when the trio was waiting for vehicle in front of their college around 6: 30 pm.
Later, they were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) where -- Arefa Abedin Khan and Nilai Sarkar -- succumbed to their injuries around 7 pm, said sub-inspector Jahirul Islam, in-charge of CMCH Police Camp.
Police seized the bus and arrested the driver.
In Bagerhat, two people, including a woman, were killed and 30 others injured after a passenger carrying bus plunged into a roadside ditch Bakultala on Bagerhat-Pirojpur road in Kachua upazila at noon.
Officer-in-charge of Kachua Police Station Rabiul Kabir said the bus fell into the ditch after the driver lost his control as the vehicle was overloaded, leaving two of the passengers, including Manira Begum, dead on the spot and 30 others injured.
On information, two units of fire fighters from Bagerhat Fire Service and Civil Defense station appeared at the spot rescued the injured passengers in association with the locals, said Masud Hossain, deputy assistant director of Fire Service.