- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
5 get life for killing housewife in B’baria
A court has convicted five people and sentenced them to life term imprisonment for killing a housewife at Bidyakut village in Nabinagar upazila in 2009.
The convicts are -- Rafiqul Islam, husband of the victim and a resident of Bidyakut village, his four associates Shamim Ahmed, Aktar Hossain, Choto Aktar Hossain and Arash Doctor.
Additional District and Sessions Judge M Moin Uddin passed the verdict on Tuesday.
According to the prosecution, Rafiqul hired the four others to kill her wife Fatu Begum Simu prompted by his second wife.
As per the plan, Shamim, Aktar, Choto Aktar and Arash Doctor killed Simu while she was returning from her father’s house along with Rafiqul on July 10, 2009.
Following the incident, Rafiqul’s father Abul Hossain filed a murder case.