- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
5 get life for killing housewife in B’baria
A court has convicted five people and sentenced them to life term imprisonment for killing a housewife at Bidyakut village in Nabinagar upazila in 2009.
The convicts are -- Rafiqul Islam, husband of the victim and a resident of Bidyakut village, his four associates Shamim Ahmed, Aktar Hossain, Choto Aktar Hossain and Arash Doctor.
Additional District and Sessions Judge M Moin Uddin passed the verdict on Tuesday.
According to the prosecution, Rafiqul hired the four others to kill her wife Fatu Begum Simu prompted by his second wife.
As per the plan, Shamim, Aktar, Choto Aktar and Arash Doctor killed Simu while she was returning from her father’s house along with Rafiqul on July 10, 2009.
Following the incident, Rafiqul’s father Abul Hossain filed a murder case.