- Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
- Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
- Baby girl stolen from DMCH
- Talks with BNP must for ‘PM’s graceful exit’, says Moudud
- Myanmar's treatment of Rohingya called apartheid
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe ignores calls to quit, faces impeachment
- 43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
- US$ 100 million contract signed to accelerate FSRT in Moheskhali
- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Number of mobile users crosses 14 crore: BTRC
Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) has announced that the number of mobile phone users in the country has surpassed 14 crore.
As disclosed in statistics updated till September, the number of internet users has reached nearly 8 crore in the country, according to a press statement of BTRC released on Tuesday.
According to BTRC, presently a total of 14,07,13,000 people are mobile phone users and 7,92,27,000 people are internet users in the country.
Meanwhile, Grameenphone is the largest operator with 6,38,42,000 clients.