- JP to make history by forming govt again: Ershad
- University teacher, friend drown in Sangu River
- US-Bangla flight makes ‘emergency landing’ at Dhaka airport
- Dhaka seeks stronger UN role in resolving Rohingya crisis
- ‘Lal Jatra’ to be held at DU to recall black night of 1971
- 38 shops gutted in Ctg fire
- Indian court jails powerful politician for embezzling funds
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
Number of mobile users crosses 14 crore: BTRC
Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) has announced that the number of mobile phone users in the country has surpassed 14 crore.
As disclosed in statistics updated till September, the number of internet users has reached nearly 8 crore in the country, according to a press statement of BTRC released on Tuesday.
According to BTRC, presently a total of 14,07,13,000 people are mobile phone users and 7,92,27,000 people are internet users in the country.
Meanwhile, Grameenphone is the largest operator with 6,38,42,000 clients.