- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Manarat student murder: Prime accused held in Comilla
Police in a drive arrested the prime accused in the killing case of Manarat International University student Nasim Ahmed from Comilla district early Wednesday.
Officer-in-charge of Badda Police Station Quazi Wazed Ali said police arrested Ashik, 21, the prime accused in Nasim Ahmed murder case.
Nasim, 24, son of Saifuddin of Madhya Badda in the city and a third-year BBA student of the university, was stabbed to death by a group of 10-12 miscreants on November 6.
Victim’s father Saifuddin Ahmed said Nasim had locked into an altercation with a local boy Ramzan over betting on a cricket match on November 5.