- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Malaysian firm set to sign deal with Rajuk for Jhilmil Residential Park
Malaysia-based company BNG Global Holding SDN BHD is set to sign a contract on Thursday with Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha (Rajuk) for the development of ‘Jhilmil Residential Park’ inside the Jhilmil Apartment Project under Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
As per the proposed contract, a tri-nation consortium comprising BNG Global SDN, Jianxi Construction Engineering Ltd and Multiplex Holdings Limited will build the park.
Multiplex officials said the Jhilmil Residential Park Project is a much-publicised venture of the government being implemented in Keraniganj on about 160 acres of land at a cost of Tk 8,000 crore under Rajuk.
Housing and Public Works Minister Engineer Mosharraf Hossain will attend the function as the chief guest while Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal and State Minister for Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid will be present as special guests.
The event will also be attended, among others, by Rick Haque Sikder and Ron Haque Sikder, Chairman and Managing Director, of Multiplex Holdings Limited respectively.
Project Director Abdul Latif Helaly will make a power-point presentation on the project while Rajuk Chairman Md Abdur Rahman, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the PPP Authority Syed Afsor H Uddin, CEO and Founder of BNG Global Holding SDN will also address the ceremony.
The project mainly aims at reducing the growing pressure of population in Dhaka city through creating housing opportunity for the city dwellers on its outskirts. It will offer affordable housing in a planned and structured manner.
It is hoped that the project will contribute significantly to reducing acute accommodation problem in the city, developing a new township and expanding economic facilities, mitigating future housing demands and also to delivering an economically viable project in an environmentally and socially suitable atmosphere.