- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
5 JMB men held with arms, ammos in Naogaon
Police arrested five suspected activists of banned militant outfit Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) from different areas of Atrai upazila on early Thursday.
Tipped-ff, several teams of police conducted drives in different areas of the upazila and arrested the five suspected activists of JMB at about 4:00 am, said Mobarak Hossain, officer-in-charge of Atrai Police Station.
The law enforcers also recovered two foreign-made pistols, 13 rounds of bullets and huge explosives from their possession, he added.