- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
PM made indecent remarks about Khaleda ‘out of jealousy’: BNP
BNP Senior Joint Secretary General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi on Thursday said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina made indecent remarks about their Chairperson Khaleda Zia in Parliament on Wednesday ‘out of jealousy’.
“The Prime Minister and the ruling party leaders have become insane out of their jealousy as huge people thronged the roads to see Khaleda Zia on her way to Cox’s Bazar to visit Rohingyas. That’s why they’re uttering reckless and indecent remarks,” he said.
Speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office, Rizvi further said, “We strongly condemn and protest the Prime Minister’s such offensive, weird and unguarded comments.”
Earlier on Wednesday, the Prime Minister told the House that the BNP chief concentrated on political showdown rather than providing humanitarian assistance to the Rohingya people during her visit to Cox’s Bazar.
She also said the Rohingya problem was created by BNP and Khaleda’s husband Ziaur Rahman created it. “The aim of BNP-Jamaat clique is to fish in troubled waters. They’re always busy in that. They don’t have any humane quality. I don’t take her remarks seriously,” she had said.
Rizvi alleged that police attacked BNP leaders and activists on the party chief’s way to a makeshift court of Special Judge-5 at Bakshibazar today.
About the attack on the houses of Hindu community members in Rangpur, the BNP leader said it was carried out as part of a deep-rooted conspiracy.
He also said such an incident cannot take place without ‘state patron’.