- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
JCD general secretary Akramul Hasan held in city
General secretary of Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD) Akramul Hasan has been detained from the premises of the Jatiya Press Club here.
Police picked up Akramul while he was coming out of the Press Club on Friday noon after joining a programme, marking BNP chief Khaleda Zia’s son Tarique Rahman’s 53rd birthday.
In a statement, BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir expressed deep concern at the detention of Akramul.
He said Akramul Hasan was detained in continuation of the arrest of BNP leaders and activists across the country.
The government is arresting the Chhatra Dal leaders to destroy opposing young leadership against the ongoing misrule, he added.
Fakhrul also demanded Akram’s immediate release.