- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
JCD general secretary Akramul Hasan held in city
General secretary of Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD) Akramul Hasan has been detained from the premises of the Jatiya Press Club here.
Police picked up Akramul while he was coming out of the Press Club on Friday noon after joining a programme, marking BNP chief Khaleda Zia’s son Tarique Rahman’s 53rd birthday.
In a statement, BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir expressed deep concern at the detention of Akramul.
He said Akramul Hasan was detained in continuation of the arrest of BNP leaders and activists across the country.
The government is arresting the Chhatra Dal leaders to destroy opposing young leadership against the ongoing misrule, he added.
Fakhrul also demanded Akram’s immediate release.