- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
RMG workers block road, vandalise vehicles in city
Hundreds of garment workers blocked road and vandalised vehicles in city’s Mirpur area on Friday demanding immediate payment of their arrears.
Workers of Trust Trousers Ltd vandalised at least 10-15 vehicles in Mirpur area during their demonstrations started at 9:00am followed by chase and counter-chase with bus workers, halting traffic on roads from Mipur-12 to Mirpur- 10.
Agitating workers said they had been protesting for last three days inside their workplace to realise their demands.
The workers started demonstration when they found their factory closed on Friday morning.
Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC) of Pallabi Zone of DMP Kamal Hossian said after assurance by local MP Elias Uddin Mollah to meet their demands the protesting workers withdrew road blockade after four hours.