- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
RMG workers block road, vandalise vehicles in city
Hundreds of garment workers blocked road and vandalised vehicles in city’s Mirpur area on Friday demanding immediate payment of their arrears.
Workers of Trust Trousers Ltd vandalised at least 10-15 vehicles in Mirpur area during their demonstrations started at 9:00am followed by chase and counter-chase with bus workers, halting traffic on roads from Mipur-12 to Mirpur- 10.
Agitating workers said they had been protesting for last three days inside their workplace to realise their demands.
The workers started demonstration when they found their factory closed on Friday morning.
Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC) of Pallabi Zone of DMP Kamal Hossian said after assurance by local MP Elias Uddin Mollah to meet their demands the protesting workers withdrew road blockade after four hours.