- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
RU students besiege VC’s residence protesting student abduction
Students of Rajshahi University on Saturday morning besieged the residence of University Vice- Chancellor protesting the abduction of a female student from the campus and demanding security.
A 4th year student of the RU Bangla Department, hailing from Naogaon, who used to live in Taposi Rabeya hall, was abducted allegedly by her estranged husband from the university campus on Friday morning while she was going to appear examination with some of her friends.
Protesting the abduction, the students gathered on the campus in the morning and staged demonstrations. Later, they besieged the VC’s house.
The students placed a seven-point demand, including necessary steps for rescuing the abducted girl, ensuring security and installing CCTV cameras at important places on the campus.
Meanwhile, Lutfar Rahman, proctor of the university, said that the university authorities and law enforcers have been trying to rescue the student.