- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
RU students besiege VC’s residence protesting student abduction
Students of Rajshahi University on Saturday morning besieged the residence of University Vice- Chancellor protesting the abduction of a female student from the campus and demanding security.
A 4th year student of the RU Bangla Department, hailing from Naogaon, who used to live in Taposi Rabeya hall, was abducted allegedly by her estranged husband from the university campus on Friday morning while she was going to appear examination with some of her friends.
Protesting the abduction, the students gathered on the campus in the morning and staged demonstrations. Later, they besieged the VC’s house.
The students placed a seven-point demand, including necessary steps for rescuing the abducted girl, ensuring security and installing CCTV cameras at important places on the campus.
Meanwhile, Lutfar Rahman, proctor of the university, said that the university authorities and law enforcers have been trying to rescue the student.