- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Govt won’t intervene in EC: Shipping Minister
Shipping Minister Shahjahan Khan on Sunday said the incumbent government would not intervene in the Election Commission although it will discharge duty during holding the next general election.
He was addressing an inaugural programme of South Container Yard at Chittagong Port.
Addressing as chief guest, the minister said the Election Commission will conduct next national election independently. The Sheikh Hasina-led government won’t intervene in the EC decisions regarding holding election.
Noting that BNP’s hand is stained with blood, Shahjahan Khan said there is no possibility of holding meeting with the arsonists.
With Port chairman Rear Admiral M Khaled Iqbal in the chair, the programme was also spoken by MA Latif MP, Israfil Alam MP and Customs Commissioner Dr AKM Nuruzzaman.