- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Govt won’t intervene in EC: Shipping Minister
Shipping Minister Shahjahan Khan on Sunday said the incumbent government would not intervene in the Election Commission although it will discharge duty during holding the next general election.
He was addressing an inaugural programme of South Container Yard at Chittagong Port.
Addressing as chief guest, the minister said the Election Commission will conduct next national election independently. The Sheikh Hasina-led government won’t intervene in the EC decisions regarding holding election.
Noting that BNP’s hand is stained with blood, Shahjahan Khan said there is no possibility of holding meeting with the arsonists.
With Port chairman Rear Admiral M Khaled Iqbal in the chair, the programme was also spoken by MA Latif MP, Israfil Alam MP and Customs Commissioner Dr AKM Nuruzzaman.