- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
Police in a joint drive on Sunday arrested another suspected militant at Gulshan in the city in connection with the ‘planned militant attack’ from a hideout at hotel Olio International in Panthapath here on August 15.
The arrestee is Tanvir Yeasin Karim alias Hitman alias Jin, 32.
A special team comprising members of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP), Lawful Interception Cell (LIC) branch of Police Headquarters, Special Branch (SB) and Bogra District Police jointly conducted a drive around 9:30 pm at Azad Mosque area of Gulshan and arrested him.
Earlier on August 15, police conducted an anti-militant drive “August Bite” at the hotel and prevented a possible attack on those marching towards Dhanmondi road No 32, marking the Mourning Day.
Saiful Islam, son of Abul Khayer of Dumuria upazila in Khulna, was killed in the drive.
On August 16, a case was filed in the connection, investigation report of which said arrested Tanvir Yeasin Karin and fugitive Akram Hossain Khan Niloy are the mastermind and fund provider, both of them are top leaders of banned Islamic militant outfit “Neo-JMB”.