- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
43rd National ‘A’ Chess begins Tuesday
The Omicon Group 43rd National ‘A’ Chess Championship under the auspices of Bangladesh Chess Federation begins on Tuesday at Bangladesh Chess Federation hall-room.
Director of Omicon Group Dola Hasan will inaugurate the round robin league system meet as the chief guest in the afternoon.
Federation officials disclosed the details of the meet at a press conference at its hall-room on Monday.
Vice-president of Bangladesh Chess Federation and Chairman of the Tournament Committee KM Shahidullah, federation General Secretary Syed Shahab Uddin Shamim and General Manager of Omicon Group Ehsaan Mahboob addressed the press conference.
The number draw ceremony of the 14 participating players was also held after the press-conference.
The participating players as per their number are:
1. Kh Aminul Islam, 2. FM Mehdi Hasan, 3. WIM Shamima Akter Liza, 4. FM Mohammad Fahad Rahman, 5. Reigning Champion GM Enamul Hossain, 6. GM Ziaur Rahman, 7. SM Sharon, 8. IM Abu Sufian Shakil, 9. FM Syed Mahfuzur Rahman, 10. runner-up GM Mollah Abdullah Al Rakib, 11. Md. Sharif Hossain, 12. CM Chanchal Kumar Ghosh, 13. IM Mohammad Minhaz Uddin and 14. FM Sheikh Nasir Ahmed.
GM Niaz Murshed and GM Reefat Bin are not participating in the meet for personal reason.
The first round matches are: FM Amin vs FM Nasir, FM Parag vs IM Minhaz, WIM Liza vs CM Chanchal, FM Fahad vs Sharif, GM Enamul vs GM Rakib, GM Zia vs FM Mahfuz and Sharon vs IM Shakil.
The champions of the meet will receive prize money of Tk 60,000 while runner-up Tk 40,000, 3rd ranked Tk 25,000, and 4th to 8th will holders will get 15,000 each.