- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Baby girl stolen from DMCH
A three-month-old baby girl was stolen from a ward under medicine department of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) early Tuesday.
Bachchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH police outpost, told UNB that some unidentified miscreants stole the baby girl, Zim, from her mother’s lap while they were sleeping at a patients’ ward.
Md Jewel, the father of the baby, was admitted to the hospital with some health complications on October 31, while his wife Sajeda Begum along with her baby girl was also staying with him.
Last night, the family went to sleep after having their dinner.
At 12:30 am, the couple spotted that their baby girl was missing.
Police were trying to trace the baby, said Bachchu.