- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Dhaka CID calls Tonu’s parents to meet Wednesday
After nearly 20 months into the murder of Victoria College student Sohagi Jahan Tonu, Dhaka Criminal Investigation Department (CID) sent a letter to Tonu’s parents asking them to meet at its office on Wednesday.
Tonu’s mother Anwara Begum confirmed the matter to UNB.
Since the murder there has been no significant headway in the investigation of the gruesome murder as the killers are yet to be identified.
Sohagi Jahan Tonu, a second-year history student of Comilla Victoria College and a member of Victoria College Theatre, was found dead at Comilla Mainamati Cantonment on March 20, 2016 after she went out of her residence for private tuition.
Her murder sparked a huge public outcry and people from home and abroad demanded justice for the college girl.
Doctors at forensic department of Comilla Medical College and Hospital conducted two autopsies on her body but their reports did not mention any clear cause of her death.
In May last year, CID told media that semen of three men were found in DNA test but the officials concerned denied to make any comment over further development.