- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Draft of judges’ conduct rules sent to SC
Law Minister Anisul Huq on Tuesday said that the ministry has handed over a draft of the rules determining discipline and conduct of lower court judges to the Supreme Court (SC) for the latter’s consideration.
The SC will forward it to the President Abdul Hamid upon its scrutiny, he said after attending a programme at the Judicial Administration Planning Institute in Dhaka.
After president’s approval, a gazette notification will be published in this regard, the minister said.
The judiciary was officially separated in November 2007, but the disciplinary rules for lower court judges are yet to be formulated.
On December 2, 1999, the Supreme Court in the Masdar Hossain case issued a seven-point directive, including formulating separate disciplinary rules, for the lower court judges.