- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Buet students to return to classes Saturday
Students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) will return to classes on Saturday, 27 days after they went on a boycott of all educational activities following an alleged attack on some of their fellows.
Sanjeeb Bhattacharjee, a fourth year student of the Buet Mechanical Engineering Department, said they decided to return to the classes after the authorities concerned on Tuesday assured them of meeting their eight-point demand.
The demands include constructing two separate gates at Palashi and Bakshibazar Circle, forming a probe body to look into the incident of the attack on the Buet students and arresting Raju, an alleged drug supplier on the campus.
On October 26, several students of the engineering university were allegedly assaulted by the students of Dhaka University (DU) following an altercation between the students of the two neighbouring institutions.