- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
A bill titled ‘Sheikh Hasina University Bill-2017’ was placed in Parliament on Tuesday for establishing a higher seat of education and research in Netrakona district.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid placed the bill and it was sent to the respective parliamentary standing committee for further scrutiny. The committee was asked to submit its report within 45 days.
According to the proposed bill, the establishment of the university will improve the education, research, training and extension of different topics at graduate and post-graduate and different tiers of higher education levels.