- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
A bill titled ‘Sheikh Hasina University Bill-2017’ was placed in Parliament on Tuesday for establishing a higher seat of education and research in Netrakona district.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid placed the bill and it was sent to the respective parliamentary standing committee for further scrutiny. The committee was asked to submit its report within 45 days.
According to the proposed bill, the establishment of the university will improve the education, research, training and extension of different topics at graduate and post-graduate and different tiers of higher education levels.