- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan on Tuesday said BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia will have to join the next general election under the Sheikh Hasina-led current government.
“And there’s no doubt in this regard,” he said while talking to reporters after attending a workshop on increasing skill and awareness among the transport workers at Hemayetpur.
“Khaleda Zia has been in confusion over the next election. Once she said BNP wouldn’t go to election under Sheikh Hasina. On the other hand, she also said the next election would not be allowed without the caretaker government,” the minister said.
Mentioning that the Election Commission (EC) will conduct the election, he said adding that Sheikh Hasina will not exert any influence on the polls.