- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan on Tuesday said BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia will have to join the next general election under the Sheikh Hasina-led current government.
“And there’s no doubt in this regard,” he said while talking to reporters after attending a workshop on increasing skill and awareness among the transport workers at Hemayetpur.
“Khaleda Zia has been in confusion over the next election. Once she said BNP wouldn’t go to election under Sheikh Hasina. On the other hand, she also said the next election would not be allowed without the caretaker government,” the minister said.
Mentioning that the Election Commission (EC) will conduct the election, he said adding that Sheikh Hasina will not exert any influence on the polls.