- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Khaleda sits with her advisers
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia sat with the members of her advisory council on Tuesday night to discuss the country’s latest political situation and work out its next course of action.
The meeting began around 9:30pm at the BNP chairperson's Gulshan office.
BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir and 53 members of the 72-strong advisory council attended the meeting.
Wishing anonymity, a BNP leader close to Khaleda said the BNP chief discussed the country's latest political situation and chalked out its next course of action at the meeting.
He said issues like upcoming city polls, including Rangpur ones, framework of the election-time government, preparations for the general election and her plan to visit some cities and districts came up for discussions at the meeting.
Earlier, Khaleda had meetings with her alliance leaders, and her party’s vice chairmen.