- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Khaleda sits with her advisers
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia sat with the members of her advisory council on Tuesday night to discuss the country’s latest political situation and work out its next course of action.
The meeting began around 9:30pm at the BNP chairperson's Gulshan office.
BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir and 53 members of the 72-strong advisory council attended the meeting.
Wishing anonymity, a BNP leader close to Khaleda said the BNP chief discussed the country's latest political situation and chalked out its next course of action at the meeting.
He said issues like upcoming city polls, including Rangpur ones, framework of the election-time government, preparations for the general election and her plan to visit some cities and districts came up for discussions at the meeting.
Earlier, Khaleda had meetings with her alliance leaders, and her party’s vice chairmen.