- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
2 prisons officials going to join UN Peacekeeping Mission
Two officials of the Department of Prisons are going to join the UN Peacekeeping Mission in South Sudan for the first time.
They will leave Dhaka on Saturday to join the mission in South Sudan as Correction Officers, said a press release on Thursday.
The two officials are Jail Superintendents Obaidur Rahman and Tahida Parvin.
The two officials got the chance to join the UN Peacekeeping Mission as Bangladesh Jail has attained the international standard, said Additional Inspector General of Prisons Colonel Md Iqbal Hasan.
With this, the Department of Prisons will also be able to contribute to the international arena.