- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
Detectives arrested nine students from a center during Primary School Certificate (PSC) examination in Shribardi upazila while providing proxy for nine examinees on Thursday.
The arrestees were identified as Fazlul Haque, Lipi, Sajib, Lavlu, Swapan Miah, Sabuj, Apon, Sabbir Hossain Niloy and Swapan, students of class VI and VII of Herua Balurghat Model School. All of the arrestees secured GPA-5 in their respective PSC examinations in earlier years.
They appeared at the examinations in place of Sabbir Ahmed Ritun, Shikha Akter, Mahmudul Hasan palash, Habibur Rahman Habib, Habibur Rahman, Rakib Miah, Shakil Hossain Sabbir, Ferdous Hossain and Selim Hasan. All are the students of class V Herua Balurghat Model School.
Shribardi upazila nirbahi officer (UNO) Khaleda Nasreen said based on secrete information detectives conducted the drive at Shribardi Govt Model Primary School during the exam.
As all of the arrestees are children, their respective parents will be fined in connection with the incident while all concerned teachers and officials will also be brought to book, Nasreen added.
According to the sources of district police, the school authorities took the attempt in an evil bid to raise the number of the GPA-5 holding students aiming to increase the goodwill of the school.
Meanwhile, headmaster Rezaul Karim of the school has fled after the drive.