- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
Detectives arrested nine students from a center during Primary School Certificate (PSC) examination in Shribardi upazila while providing proxy for nine examinees on Thursday.
The arrestees were identified as Fazlul Haque, Lipi, Sajib, Lavlu, Swapan Miah, Sabuj, Apon, Sabbir Hossain Niloy and Swapan, students of class VI and VII of Herua Balurghat Model School. All of the arrestees secured GPA-5 in their respective PSC examinations in earlier years.
They appeared at the examinations in place of Sabbir Ahmed Ritun, Shikha Akter, Mahmudul Hasan palash, Habibur Rahman Habib, Habibur Rahman, Rakib Miah, Shakil Hossain Sabbir, Ferdous Hossain and Selim Hasan. All are the students of class V Herua Balurghat Model School.
Shribardi upazila nirbahi officer (UNO) Khaleda Nasreen said based on secrete information detectives conducted the drive at Shribardi Govt Model Primary School during the exam.
As all of the arrestees are children, their respective parents will be fined in connection with the incident while all concerned teachers and officials will also be brought to book, Nasreen added.
According to the sources of district police, the school authorities took the attempt in an evil bid to raise the number of the GPA-5 holding students aiming to increase the goodwill of the school.
Meanwhile, headmaster Rezaul Karim of the school has fled after the drive.