- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
The left-leaning parties on Thursday called an eight-hour hartal for November 30 protesting the fresh power price hike.
Ganatantrik Bam Morcha, Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB) and Socialist Party of Bangladesh (BSD) jointly called the hartal.
In a press release, the parties informed that the hartal will be enforced from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
This afternoon the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (BERC) on an average raised power tariff by 5.3 percent or Tk. 0.35 per unit.
Berc Chairman Monwar Islam announced the decision saying that the new tariff will come into effect from December.
Earlier on September 1, the price for electricity was raised by 2.93 percent on average.