- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
An assistant train driver was killed and 50 passengers were injured as a train hit a truck at Bokterpur level-crossing on Dhaka-Rajshahi route in Kaliakoir upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Nur Alam Sharif, son of Momin Sharif of Alfadanga upazila of Faridpur.
Officials said the rail link of the country’s northern region with capital Dhaka was disrupted for six hours following the accident that took place at 2:00am.
Ibrahim Chowdhury, a warehouse inspector at Kaliakoir Fire Service, said the accident took place when the Lalmonirhat-bound Lalmoni Express train hit an out-of-service truck on the track around 2:00am, leaving Sharif dead on the spot and 50 others injured.
The injured were taken to the upazila health complex.
The rescue operation was on till filing of the report around 9:20 am.