- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Istanbul Declaration emphases Rohingyas’ safe, dignified return
Safe, dignified and sustainable return of all Rohingya displaced persons to their original place of residence’ was emphasised at the Istanbul Declaration adopted by 10th Plenary Session of Asian Parliamentary Assembly (APA).
The declaration laid further emphasis on the implementation of Kofi Annan Commission Report to permanently resolve this crisis.
The APA ended on Friday in Istanbul, said a press release.
Whip Md Shahab Uddin led Bangladesh delegation in the Assembly and accompanied by Md Abdul Majid Khan MP, Mohammed Shamsul Haque Bhuiyan MP, Mohammad Hasan Imam Khan MP, Syed Nazibul Bashar Maizbhandary MP, Mohammad Monirul Islam, Consul General of Bangladesh in Istanbul and other high officials from Bangladesh Parliament and Diplomatic Mission in Istanbul attended the Assembly.
The Assembly appreciated the role and actions taken by the people and the government of Bangladesh in giving shelter to more than one million of Rohingyas and welcomed signing of the instrument between the governments of Bangladesh and Myanmar.
They also urged the Myanmar authorities to grant immediate and unhindered access to International Organisations and International Observers including UN Fact-Finding Mission established by the Human Rights Commission to undertake transparent and impartial investigations of human rights abuse and violations including sexual violence and violence against children.
The Rohingya issue was prominently featured in the Istanbul Declaration because of active and meaningful participation of Bangladesh Delegation.
The effective interventions of the Bangladesh Delegation on various issues including the Rohingya issue were greatly appreciated by the participating countries.