- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Obaidul confident of AL's win in next polls
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Friday said Awami League will win in the next general election by defeating BNP due to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s honesty and proficiency in politics, which is recognised globally.
“As honest politician, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina secured third position in the list of the honest leaders of 173 countries with 87 scores. We will win in the election as there is no alternative to be honest and proficient in politics,” said the minister while talking to reporters in Chandra area here.
The minister said he is hopeful of winning in the election for continuation of development in roads and highways.
Replying to a question, Quader, also the AL general secretary said BNP has no such exemplary deeds in the country so that people can give them huge mandate in the next election.
Dhaka Division Superintending Engineer Sabuj Uddin Khan, Gazipur Road Division Executive Engineer DKN Nahin Reza, Gazipur highway police superintendent Shafikul Islam, senior officers of Roads and Highways Division were present at the press meet.