- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Survivors remember Tazreen tragedy, demand justice
Survivors and relatives of Tazreen Fashions factory fire tragedy deceased on Friday demanded capital punishment for those responsible for the fire, marking the 5th anniversary of the tragedy.
On November 24 in 2012, as many as 112 workers died and 200 others got injured in a deadly fire incident at Tazreen Fashions at Nishchintapur of Ashulia, in Dhaka district.
The survivors and relatives of the deceased of the tragedy remembered the day and staged a demonstration for demanding the punishment for those responsible for the fire and compensation and rehabilitation for all the families of the victims.
They also formed a human chain and held a discussion on factory premises, marking the tragic day.
Leaders from different workers’ organisations, victims’ family members and relatives gathered in front of the factory gate and placed floral wreaths to remember the deceased.
The family members of the victims have not received proper compensation yet although five years have passed, said Anjuara Begum, a critically injured victim of the tragedy.