- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Grameenphone tops among telecom taxpayers
A representative from Grameenphone receives an honorary tax card for the company being the highest taxpayer among telecom operators in Bangladesh in 2017.
Grameenphone received the Tax Card as the top tax payer of the year in the telecom sector for fiscal 2017-18.
National Board of Revenue (NBR) at its office arranged a program presided by Nojibur Rahman, Chairman of National Board of Revenue, to honor the highest taxpayers in different sectors on November 08.
The tax cards were issued to Grameenphone CEO, Michael Foley and its CFO, Karl Erik Broten while the company also bagged a crest in this regard.
Md Mohsin, Head of Corporate Tax Management Unit received the crest on behalf of its CEO from Muhammad Abdul Mannan, State Minister of Finance and Planning.
The company also a significant VAT payer of the country has contributed BDT 57,000 crore to the national exchequer. This contribution includes BDT 38,300 crore in direct and indirect taxes, along with BDT 5600 crore as withholding tax to NBR and BDT 13,100 crore as a contribution to BTRC.
Expressing his satisfaction after receiving the Tax Card, Grameenphone CEO Michael Foley said, “We have been paying our taxes most diligently and it’s a pleasure to see our effort recognised by the tax authority.”
Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith was the chief guest of the award giving ceremony where Eng. Mosharraf Hossain, Minister of Housing and Public Works; FBCCI President were special guests.