- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
8 held in Jessore while entering BD illegally
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) on Monday detained eight people from Shahipur frontier area of Sharsha upazila while entering Bangladesh without valid documents.
Lt Col Ariful Haque, commanding officer of BGB-49 battalion, said a team of the border force conducted a drive in the area around 7pm and detained them, including three women.
The arrestees claimed that they hail from different areas of Khulna and Bhola districts, the CO said, adding that they were handed over to the Benapole Port Police Station.