- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Govt to set up Center of Excellence for IT sector
The government has taken an initiative to set up a Center of Excellence (CoE) for the country’s IT sector in collaboration with Wipro, a leading global company of information technology (IT) and IT enabled services (ITES).
As part of the initiative Leveraging ICT for Growth, Employment and Governance (LICT), a flagship project of ICT Division and the internationally reputed IT/ITES company Wipro signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 21 November last at the latter’s Bangalore office in this regard.
Component Team Leader of LICT Project Sami Ahmed and Wipro vice president Sreenath AV signed the MoU on behalf of their respective organisations, said a handout.
State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak, Wipro vice presidents Sanjay Singh D and Ajay Bhaskar (Strategy) were present.
Earlier Palak and Sami Ahmed had a long meeting with the Chief Strategy Officer and member of the Board Rishad Premji on the issue.
According to the agreement, Wipro will inform LICT about local requirements in advance and issues covered by the MoU through formal channels of communication.
As per the agreement, the LICT project will provide support to Wipro to ensure smoother document processing to get the government permission. It will also provide access to LICT’s exclusive database of more than 15,000 trained IT/ITES resources to meet human resources requirement.