- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Govt to set up Center of Excellence for IT sector
The government has taken an initiative to set up a Center of Excellence (CoE) for the country’s IT sector in collaboration with Wipro, a leading global company of information technology (IT) and IT enabled services (ITES).
As part of the initiative Leveraging ICT for Growth, Employment and Governance (LICT), a flagship project of ICT Division and the internationally reputed IT/ITES company Wipro signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 21 November last at the latter’s Bangalore office in this regard.
Component Team Leader of LICT Project Sami Ahmed and Wipro vice president Sreenath AV signed the MoU on behalf of their respective organisations, said a handout.
State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak, Wipro vice presidents Sanjay Singh D and Ajay Bhaskar (Strategy) were present.
Earlier Palak and Sami Ahmed had a long meeting with the Chief Strategy Officer and member of the Board Rishad Premji on the issue.
According to the agreement, Wipro will inform LICT about local requirements in advance and issues covered by the MoU through formal channels of communication.
As per the agreement, the LICT project will provide support to Wipro to ensure smoother document processing to get the government permission. It will also provide access to LICT’s exclusive database of more than 15,000 trained IT/ITES resources to meet human resources requirement.