- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Asian Archery: Mamun storms Compound Singles quarterfinals
Abul Kashem Mamun of Bangladesh smartly moved to the quarterfinals of the Compound Men’s Singles of the 20th Asian Archery Championship eliminating 7th ranked Kazakhstan rival Akbarali Karabayev by 146-145 points at the Bangabandhu National Stadium here on Tuesday.
With the day’s feat, Mamun emerged as the best Bangladeshi archer in the ongoing meet as he beat his Chinese Taipei rival by 149-147 points.
Mamun will play the quarterfinal against Abhishek Verma of India Wednesday morning.
Bangladeshi famed archer Ruman Shana was eliminated from the event in the day’s other quarterfinal.
South Korean pair Kim Jongho and So Chaewon clinched the first gold medal of the Championship winning the title of Compound mixed doubles beating Indian pair Jyothi Surekha and Abhishek Verma by 157-153 points. India earned the event silver while Kazakhstan took the bronze.