- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Asian Archery: Mamun storms Compound Singles quarterfinals
Abul Kashem Mamun of Bangladesh smartly moved to the quarterfinals of the Compound Men’s Singles of the 20th Asian Archery Championship eliminating 7th ranked Kazakhstan rival Akbarali Karabayev by 146-145 points at the Bangabandhu National Stadium here on Tuesday.
With the day’s feat, Mamun emerged as the best Bangladeshi archer in the ongoing meet as he beat his Chinese Taipei rival by 149-147 points.
Mamun will play the quarterfinal against Abhishek Verma of India Wednesday morning.
Bangladeshi famed archer Ruman Shana was eliminated from the event in the day’s other quarterfinal.
South Korean pair Kim Jongho and So Chaewon clinched the first gold medal of the Championship winning the title of Compound mixed doubles beating Indian pair Jyothi Surekha and Abhishek Verma by 157-153 points. India earned the event silver while Kazakhstan took the bronze.