- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Mayor Annisul on life support
Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Mayor Annisul Huq, who has been undergoing treatment in London for cerebral vasculitis, is now on life support in a hospital there.
Mizanur Rahman, personal assistant to the mayor, on Tuesday evening said Annisul has been kept under life support in the hospital since Monday as his condition was deteriorating.
The DNCC Mayor was shifted from the intensive care unit of the hospital to another hospital for physiotherapy on October 31.
He, however, declined to elaborate further.
Annisul, who had been suffering from neurological problem (dizziness and lack of balance) was diagnosed with cerebral vasculitis at a London neurology hospital. The mayor got admitted to the hospital on August 13.
Annisul flew to London in the last week of July on personal purpose.