- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Mayor Annisul on life support
Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Mayor Annisul Huq, who has been undergoing treatment in London for cerebral vasculitis, is now on life support in a hospital there.
Mizanur Rahman, personal assistant to the mayor, on Tuesday evening said Annisul has been kept under life support in the hospital since Monday as his condition was deteriorating.
The DNCC Mayor was shifted from the intensive care unit of the hospital to another hospital for physiotherapy on October 31.
He, however, declined to elaborate further.
Annisul, who had been suffering from neurological problem (dizziness and lack of balance) was diagnosed with cerebral vasculitis at a London neurology hospital. The mayor got admitted to the hospital on August 13.
Annisul flew to London in the last week of July on personal purpose.