- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
'Criminal' killed in 'shootout' with RAB in Ctg
Mohim Uddin alias Mohin
A listed criminal was killed in a reported gunfight between his cohorts and the members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in port city’s Panchlaish area early Thursday.
The deceased Mohim Uddin alias Mohin, 36, was a listed criminal of police, said Rab.
Tipped off, a team of Rab-7 conducted a drive in Rajganj area to arrest Mohin around 4:30 am, said Mimtanur Rahman, senior superintendent (media) of Rab-7.
Sensing the presence of the elite force, the associates of Mohin opened fire at Rab men prompting them to retaliate, triggering a gunfight.
At one stage, Mohin caught in the line of fire and died while the others managed to flee the scene.
The body was taken to Chittagong Medical College and Hospital for autopsy.
Two foreign-made firearms, including one AK-22 riffle, one SMG and huge ammunitions were recovered from the spot.
He was accused in 18 cases, including murder, robbery and arms.