- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
'Criminal' killed in 'shootout' with RAB in Ctg
Mohim Uddin alias Mohin
A listed criminal was killed in a reported gunfight between his cohorts and the members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in port city’s Panchlaish area early Thursday.
The deceased Mohim Uddin alias Mohin, 36, was a listed criminal of police, said Rab.
Tipped off, a team of Rab-7 conducted a drive in Rajganj area to arrest Mohin around 4:30 am, said Mimtanur Rahman, senior superintendent (media) of Rab-7.
Sensing the presence of the elite force, the associates of Mohin opened fire at Rab men prompting them to retaliate, triggering a gunfight.
At one stage, Mohin caught in the line of fire and died while the others managed to flee the scene.
The body was taken to Chittagong Medical College and Hospital for autopsy.
Two foreign-made firearms, including one AK-22 riffle, one SMG and huge ammunitions were recovered from the spot.
He was accused in 18 cases, including murder, robbery and arms.