- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
No room for militancy in Bangladesh: Minister
Claiming that the government has successfully tackled militancy, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Thursday said there will be no room for terrorism, militancy and separatism in the country.
“The government always maintains a zero-tolerance policy over militancy,” he said while addressing a function marking the inauguration of a newly constructed building of Hatibandha Police Station.
Mentioning that no one is above the law, the minister said if anyone commits misdeeds, action will be taken against them -- be it police, Border Guard Bangladesh or Rapid Action Battalion.
Later addressing a rally organised by local Awami League, Asaduzzaman blasted BNP for indulging in corruption while in power, saying Bangladesh became champions in corruption for five times during their tenure.