- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Sexagenarian father stabbed dead by son in Habiganj
A sexagenarian man was stabbed to death allegedly by his son at Beelpar village in Chunarughat uapzila on Friday evening.
The deceased was identified as Foyez Miah, 65.
Quoting witness, Km Azmiruzzaman, officer-in-charge of Chunarughat Police Station, said Imran Miah, 22, son of the victim, locked in angry altercation with his younger brother Emon Miah, 19, in the evening over a trifling matter.
Following this, Foyez Miah appeared at the scene to pacify the situation.
However, Imran engaged in altercation with his father too.
At one stage, Imran got furious and stabbed his brother and father indiscriminately with a knife, leaving his father dead on the spot and brother injured.
Locals rescued Emon and took him to Chunarughat Upazila Heath Complex, where doctor reffered him to MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital, the OC added.